Friday, February 16, 2007

Elephants











A friend of mine is crazy about elephants and wondered if I would do a painting for her. I've painted lots of animals but never thought to do an elephant. Again it was a 6x8 canvas board so replicating all the winkles was not going to happen. Luckily she already had a photo she wanted me to work from. I loved the photo of a Mother and baby walking down a muddy road and got started right away. Stressing lumbering movement rather than wrinkles the painting came together and I was happy with the result.



She loves the painting which is a big sigh relief to any artist taking on a commission!

2 comments:

Danny Griego said...

Well, well, well! Welcome to the world of blogging. I'm honored to be the first to comment. Your elephant painting is nothing short of great. Nice design, awesome composition and great values. And it's so cute. Any elephant lover would buy this one in no time. You should be proud of this one! W

cayli said...

See, you didn't have to wait long for people to discover you! Love the elephants, looks like what we saw at the Wild Animal Park today as they had a baby there.