Saturday, September 5, 2009

Ancestor Painting


Years ago I had a girlfriend who's Mother was full of fun and made it a real adventure for me when I would go visit her home. One of her collections included old fashioned portraits of men, women and children. When my girlfriend and I would ask about them she would call them her "ancestor paintings". Pressed further, she would regale us with the most outlandish and preposterous stories imaginable about these people in the portraits. My sides would ache from laughing at her tales. I painted this "ancestor" portrait that I will be selling at a local venue and I plan to do it as a silent auction item. I will explain to anyone interested my childhood story and urge them that if they are the high bid on the painting, to promise to hang it in their home and regale their children or grandchildren with outlandish stories about this gentleman.

1 comment:

cayli said...

Would love to hear the stories!