Friday, March 26, 2010

My Neighbor's House


For Christmas my husband got me a series of plein air painting lessons. Our group met on Sunday for eleven weeks and painted all over San Diego. I loved the experience because I had done very little painting outside my studio. I will definitely take the class again but I feel I must go out and work on my own for awhile to see what I have learned so far. For my first subject, I chose to paint the house across the street from us. I'm still a little shy to stray too far away from home but there are plenty of opportunities very near me to paint which will give me some experience.

3 comments:

Lee said...

I'd like to buy this little painting of your neighbor's house. It really speaks to me.

cayli said...

I love it!

Rebecca Christian said...

Hi, Suzy,

I handle garden coverage at Traditional Home. We would like to run a story about your garden (photographed in 2008) for our September 2010 issue. Would you please call or email me to discuss details.

Thanks much!

Rebecca Christian
rebecca.christian@meredith.com
515-284-3791