Monday, September 6, 2010

Canadian Red Bus

When we toured the Canadian Rockies a few years back I was fascinated by these red buses. I had first seen one when I, as a little girl, went through my Grandmothers vacation photos. She and my Grandfather had taken the "Red Bus Tour" while vacationing in the Glacier National park many years ago.
I have since learned that the White Motor Company, between 1936 and 1938, built glacier’s red-with-black trim vehicles. This fleet of Red Buses is considered the oldest intact fleet of passenger carrying vehicles anywhere. These 17 passenger convertible touring sedans are cherished, elegant icons of Glacier National Park. With their multiple doors and rollback canvas tops, the Reds are a sight to see. Here is my 6x8 oil portrait of the "Red Bus".

No comments: