Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Cow and Calf


I love painting cows. There is something cute about these bovine animals that is very appealing to me. Their eyelashes are wonderful! I remember taking care of twin calf's one summer whose Mother had died at their birth. My brother and the ranch manager's son and I were in charge of bottle feeding them several times each day from a huge glass bottle with a nipple made from the finger of a rubber glove and rubber banded to the top. We filled the bottle with milk we got from the other milk cows on the ranch. They were eager feeders and could polish off a bottle in no time. They progressed, gained weight throughout the summer and were eating grain by the time we had to leave for home.

1 comment:

cayli said...

The calves are so cute as babies. Too bad you can't keep them small forever.