Friday, April 13, 2007

Glassblower


I love the challenge of painting bright light. I was able to use a blacksmith and the red hot metal in a painting I did not so long ago and was trying to come up with another case where red hot light would be necessary. I was in a board meeting this week and was sitting next to a friend of my who is a glass blower when occurred to me that that would be a wonderful subject to paint. Now, all I needed was a photo of someone actually blowing glass. I think this young man fit the bill. I might go back when the painting is thoroughly dry and see if I can get the molten glass to look a little hotter and brighter but this is where painting is right now.

1 comment:

Danny Griego said...

Sweeeeeet painting! Looks great. In fact, your entire blog is looking really nice.